Having never played a MMORPG game before, and being a huge fan of the Final Fantasy series of games, Jaden was keen to try his hand at Final Fantasy XIV, with its great visuals and addictive gameplay. However, he found the going much tougher than he initially thought and soon became quite frustrated. Sick and tired of being killed, not leveling up quickly, and always being short on Gil, Jaden decided to use the following Final Fantasy XIV strategy guide, which is based around 5 key principles that newcomers and old-hands alike can benefit from:
- Choosing The Correct Class: Most gamers looking at playing this game will probably want to know the answer to the question "What is the best class in Final Fantasy 14?" The answer is that there is no best class- it all depends on how you intend playing the game. Generally. if you want to focus on magic then you should opt for Lalafell, and if you want to deal damage up close then choose Elezen. If you have never played a MMORPG game before and are concerned about being killed or not being able to fight effectively then you should select a character from the Roegadyn class- these guys are complete and utter tanks!
- Learn Important Combat Shortcuts: Another important aspect of this Final Fantasy XIV strategy guide is learning keyboard shortcuts for use during combat. Because the action in this game occurs rather quickly, you can quickly be overwhelmed if you do not know what you are doing. Pressing the TAB key during combat will allow you to cycle through goals without having to click with your mouse- this well help you get out of many sticky situations. Set up actions on the 1-9 number keys that will assist you in combat, and remember that as long as you have enough stamina you can keep bashing on the number keys to repeat these actions.
- Do not Fight Out Of Your Depth : You want to avoid fighting monsters that are simply too powerful for you, or you will get killed and injured before you know it, as well as find the game really frustrating. The secret is to look at the color of the shield that is displayed next to the monster's name when you highlight it with your cursor. A green or blue symbol means "go for it", whereas yellow or red will likely get you killed. Not biting off more than you can chew is one of the most important Final Fantasy 14 combat strategies.
- Focus On One Quest At A Time: Rather than trying numerous quests and then randomly getting bogged down, you should focus on one quest at a time. Pick the quest which seems most interesting and entertaining to you, then complete it, then move on to the next.
- Avoid Getting Distracted: Whether you are questing, trying to make Gil, aiming to increase your level, or anything else it is important that you do not get distracted. Pick one task and see it through until completion, or else you will not actually get anywhere quickly. Final Fantasy XIV is a huge game with lots of scope, but once you've got the hang of it, along with a strong character you can start to explore more.
By following the above Final Fantasy 14 strategies you can become like Jaden and master this exciting and addictive MMORPG game. Do not feel intimidated by the sheer scope of the game- once you get the ball rolling it really is enjoyable.